Gå til indhold
Home » Are you worried?

Are you worried?

Are you worried about a friend or relative? Are you a professional worrying about a citizen who may be causing self-harm or harm on others? Are you, yourself, involved in something you find it difficult to handle?

If you have concerns about extremism you should contact the Anti-Radicalisation Hotline, your local police or your municipality.

The Anti-Radicalisation Hotline

The Anti-Radicalisation Hotline is a national hotline which everyone in Danish society – both professionals and citizens – can contact if they have concrete concerns about extremism. The hotline is staffed by experienced professionals in prevention of extremism and they will assist with qualified guidance.

Anonymity. You have the option to remain anonymous when you contact the hotline. If this is your wish, it is a good idea to make this clear in the beginning of the conversation.

If relevant, the hotline will refer to the local authorities where the caller is based.

Contact the Anti-Radicalisation Hotline between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on +45 41 74 90 90.

Visit the hotlines website.

The police

If you have suspicions that illegal extremist activity has happened or will happen, you should contact your local police department.

Contact the police on 114 or file a report on www.politi.dk

Social services in your municipality

According to §154 in the Act on Social Services, everyone who knows about a child or an adolescent living under circumstances that endanger the child’s or youngsters health and upbringing, is obligated to contact the municipality. Examples can be if a youngster is involved in an extremist environment or is planning to travel to a conflict area abroad.  In the case where there is not merely a suspicion or concern but an actual knowledge about the well-being and development of a youngster being endangered, your obligation is to contact the social services in your municipality.

According to §153 in the Act on Social Services there is an increased obligation for public employees to inform the social services about an adolescent’s poor well-being, if they gain knowledge about it through their work.

Both children and adults can contact the municipality for guidance and advice on how to get out of extremism, as the municipalities are obligated to provide free guidance on this.

Contact your municipality.

Read about the follow up when you report a concern.

Read about which signs to be aware of.

last modified Jun 24, 2021